Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Bookbabe Reviews....Angelfall by Susan Ee



What is not to like about this book? Susan Ee gives us all the things that we love about current YA (young adult fiction). It has fallen angels, a post apocalyptic world, a kick ass main character and a hot forbidden love interest. What I really loved about this book is that it was so different from all the others that I have read over the years. Some could say that it is like Hunger games. We have our main character Penryn trying to protect her family after Angels have descended on the world and ripped it apart. She has to deal with a Schizophrenic mother that is off her meds. She also has to support her
handicapped sister. They have little food and have made a decision to make a run for it and so that they can be in a safer environment.
Along the way the stumble across a fight between a few Angels and here is where we meet our hot, sarcastic angel named Raffe. Raffe becomes a very likeable character right off the start. He is not very much unlike many of the other male characters we find in this kind of YA
novel.  In fact when he is first introduced he reminds me so much of Jace Wayland from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
   Raffe seems distant and unwilling to help Penryn after her sister is kidnapped by Angels. However, he seems drawn to her and duty bound to help. So they make and alliance that seems fragile at first but later as the book progresses we see that it so something all together deeper that will keep them together a bit longer. Another thing that I really
enjoyed about this book is that Susan Ee is not afraid to be gory and to create creatures that will scare the living mess out of you. The monsters at the end of this book will make you cringe. I can’t wait to see what she does in the next two installments of the series. I will
definitely say that this book is really worth your time and will be a great and very fast read that will keep you turning the pages.

Quote I loved:
“When I was little, I always thought I’d be Cinderella, but I guess
this makes me the wicked witch. But then again, Cinderella didn’t live
in a post-apocalyptic world invaded by avenging angels”.



For personal book recommendations you can email me at thebookbabe84@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment