Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Current Book adventure....Until I Saw You Smile by J.J. Murray


            What I am reading now: 
              Until I saw your smile
                 By: J.J. Murray 

Synopsis: 
At Smith's Sweet Treats and Coffee, you'll find Brooklyn's best house blend and the freshest homemade pastries. It's more than a business to owner Angela Smith. It's her home and her refuge--one she stands to lose thanks to her gouging landlord. Then a new regular offers to cover her rent increase if Angela lets him meet his clients there. If Matthew McConnell weren't such a persuasive lawyer--and so sweet, funny, and sexy--she wouldn't dream of letting him in. 

Since he left a high-paying, soul-sucking legal firm to go solo, Matthew has been striking out, professionally and personally. The best part of his love life is regaling Angela with date-from-hell stories over steaming, fragrant coffee. Behind her captivating smile is a smart, sensual woman he'd love to get close to. And when a secret from her past is suddenly exposed, he gets a chance to prove he's the man she needs, in every way that matters...


My First Impression: I am five pages in and I am hooked. Murray tells the story of a would be internet lawyer and his disastrous dating life. His girlfriend has dumped him; running off with another man. Taking his food and microwave. He goes on a date with an ex co-worker only to discover that all she wants is sex and it doesn't matter who with. And the Matt goes to a protest/block party/house party only to end up helping his "date" avoid criminal charges. The first five chapters alone made me want to actually stay up and devour another fifty or so pages. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those really quick reads. J.J. Murray has been on of my favorite authors for at least the past 12 years are so. I just can't get enough of his multicultural old school romances. If your not reading him you should be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment