Friday, February 13, 2015

The Bookbabe's Opinion of the Fifty Shades of Grey Movie



Wow; just wow. The movie was exactly what I expected. It was beautifully and tastefully done. E.L. James tight control over the book to movie adaptation was seen throughout. Of course, there are some scenes that ase changed. This makes sense because some of these scenes are not necessary not to mention some of the sex scenes are cut or changed due to the nudity clauses each star insisted upon. I found Dakota Johnson's portrayal of Ana Steele 
to be genuine and fun and very true to the fictional character. Dakota made Ana
really come alive; she was funny and naive. I came into the movie expecting Jamie to be as horrible as some reviews made him out to be. But that was not the case; he protrayed Christian beautifully. Right down to the facial expressions. He captures Christians complex nature and close guarded personality. It will be lovely to see how Jamie plays Christian in the next two films. In which, we will see more more of his closely guarded walls tumble down as he falls even more deeply in love with Ana. I think the movies have great promise; supposedly we may have to wait til 2016 for the The sequel Fifty Shades Darker.

1 comment:

  1. My husband wanted to take me out to a movie last night,,,,I said "do you know what's opening tonight?" hahahaha we stayed home and watched "The Boy Next Door" with JLo LoL,,,,,our kinda movie,,,romantic thriller hahaha !! I'll watch the PC hacked version of Shades ;)

    ReplyDelete