Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's a full on angel Apocalypse....


Hey Bookies, long time no review! Sorry about that; so here goes nothing. At the beginning of this month I finished Susan Ee's novel End of Days; the final book in the Angelfall Trilogy. I was really dragged reading this out because I was so in love with the series. So reading this book was really bittersweet. It was very hard to leave behind Raffe and Penryn. In this book we are thrust back into a world that seems to have ended; however, the real apocalypse has not even happened yet. Which makes this book even more exciting. I know that seems messed up to wish an apocalyptic event on a books characters; but, if you've read these books you know that the action is often the best part. 
Honestly reading about Raffe and Penryn battling it out with scorpion like creatures and rogue Angels is the truly the best! It also happens to produce some of the funniest dialogue I have ever read. The best part of this particular book is when Raffe and Penryn decend into the underworld to bring back fallen angels to help Raffe fight for the human race. 
It was during their time in the underworld that I think Raffe's true feelings for Penryn are on full display. The tension between them had been building since the second book. However, Raffe made it clear that he could not be with her no matter how he felt because getting the heavenly hosts (the Angels) back in order is what is most important. He promises Penryn that he will do all he can to get the Angels back where they belong and perhaps they will even be able to fix what happened to her sister. What I loved about the story is that Susan Ee seemed to wrap things up so nicely. She really left no lose ends. What was most surprising was Raffe's sacrifice to keep Penryn safe. I really wish that Susan had showed us a little more of what happened after the finally battle to save humanity. All together I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads. 

Quotes I loved:

“He looks down at me with sincere eyes. 'If I were human, I would have been the first in line for you...' He looks away. 'But I'm not. I'm an archangel, and my people are in trouble. I have no choice but to try to set things straight. I can't get distracted by a Daughter of Man.” 

“Raffe arches his brow at me. ‘You should be with a nice human boy. One who takes your orders and puts up with your demands. Someone who dedicates his life to keeping you safe and well fed. Someone who can make you happy. Someone you can be proud of.’ He waves his hand at the Watchers. ‘There’s nobody like that in this lot.’ 
I glare at him. ‘I’ll be sure to pass him by you first before I’ – settle for – ‘choose him.’ 
‘You do that. I’ll let him know what’s expected of him.’ 
‘Assuming he survives your interrogation,’ says Howler. 
‘Big assumption,’ says Cyclone. 
‘I’d like to be there to watch,’ says Hawk. ‘Should be interesting.” 

"I challenge you to come find us.’ ‘This is Penryn Young, Daughter of Man, Killer of Angels." 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment