Monday, March 14, 2016

A woman I want to be like.....

On this day of Women's History month I would like to draw attention to the beautiful Nobel Prize winning author, Toni Morrison. I was introduced to Miss. Morrison by my aunt; who at the time was reading Beloved. She gave me the book after she finished and if had a profound affect on me. Never had I read something so haunting but so beautifully written. It remains one of my favorite books. Some of her other works in include The Bluest Eye, Tar Baby, Home, and God Bless the Child. Morrison is not only an accomplished author but a civil rights activists and she is has even lead discussions on the importance of fighting against censorship. For more information one her and her books visit tonimorrisonsociety.org

Here are just a few of the Quotes by Morrison that I love:

No comments:

Post a Comment