Friday, December 11, 2015

The BookBabe Reviews: Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

I have to admit that this book was extremely hard for me to get through. It dragged a lot and I just could not commit to it the way I had with the other previous books in the series. Lover Enshrined brings (finally) to the story and history of Phury. Phury is the brother that we all wanted to know the most about; well that I wanted to know the most about. He had a bit of a mystery surrounding him. Finally we get some of the answers to our burning questions but we also get a front row seat to a very heartbreaking saga. Phury's story is filled with a lot of pain,  which I am happy to say does end in happiness. What I found the most amazing about this book is that Phury came across is the most "human" of the brothers. His pain was the most realistic, his struggles all to real. What I loved about this story is that we got a little bit of a twist about the Omega. We find out that he has a son; born of a vampire, that has been living among the vampires. This twist left me guessing because I thought I knew exactly who the "son" was, but I was surprisingly mistaken. I can not wait to see how Ward advances this part of the storyline. At the end of the book we are softly introduced to Payne, the daughter of the Scribe Virgin and the Sister of V. of course, I have an odd feeling that Payne is going to be a headache in the books to come. I will say that even for the slowness of the book it had its fair share of action; and of course, I will return to the series again (in the New Year) this time with Lover Avenged.   

Quotes I enjoyed:
“What brings you onto my property?" Rhev said, cradling his mug with both hands trying to absorb its warmth.
Got a problem"
I can't fix your personality"

"Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood" 

Overall rating of the book 3.5 stars on Goodreads.com! 

No comments:

Post a Comment