Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dark and Light Casters, Incubus', Siren's and Waywards: The Bookbabe Review of Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


I am a huge fan of this series and have read the previous three books however, the last book took me months to read. I put it down several times and read several other books over this one. I think what made it difficult for me to get through was that I was not as committed to the story line as I had been in the past. Usually slumps like this happen in the third book of the series but with this one it happened at the end of the series. 
It was not all bad though; I did love the return to Gatlin and the crew, consisting of Lena, Link, and Ridley. Though Ridley does not really play a huge part in this book. I will say that Stohl and Garcia did tie up the ends nicely and does not really leave much room for returning to the characters in the future. Though Link and Ridley are in a separate series; which I will most likely read, because I am interested in seeing how Ridley's character develops. 
I did also enjoy the killing off of Abraham. It just needed to happen; though I wanted it to be a bigger more epic spectacle. You know like Harry taking on Voldermort in Deathly Hallows. Of course; I like the the book has a happy ending but I would have enjoyed it better if a beloved character would have lived in the end. Of course, the reason for her death is justified but it makes it no more less annoying. I will say that I do not regret reading the book at all. But I think it was just lacking something; and I think most of that came from the fact that Ethan was on a different plane of existence. I would definitely recommend the book to anyone who wishes to finish the series and to anyone looking for a different story involving witches. The story line of the books is very refreshing and original and over all the series is a quick read. 

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars on Goodread.com

Quotes I loved:
“I smiled at her, but she was already lost in thought, looking around the library as if it held all the answers to all our problems.” 

“It was all so clear now. Like everything had been lost in darkness, and then the sun came out. Some moments are like that.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment