Monday, September 7, 2015

She rescued him as much as he rescued her: The Bookbabe Review of Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward


She rescued him as much as he rescued her: The Bookbabe Review of Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

I am a little late with this review; being as though I started and finished this book in August. Lover Awakened was a little harder to get through because it is about the toughest brother of the group, Zsadist. Zsadist has a deep, dark and disturbing past that is filled with a lot of self destruction. Z (as he is known by the brothers) is a former blood/sex slave; having been stolen from his family. He is marked with tattoos on his wrists and around his neck that marks him as what he was. Z is a guy that you want to hate but just can't bring yourself to. In the previous books he positively gave me the creeps and I could not see why Bella would be so willing to get close to him. As we find out its because of his dangerous side, but also because she senses something good and vulnerable in him. During the course of this book we learn a lot about the very tense relationship that Z has with this twin Phury. (Who honestly I am very anxious to get to know). We also find some heart break in this book that I feel will echo across several of the other books in the series. In my opinion this book was one of the best so far. It was deep, with lots of high drama. Ward writes it in such away that you can not help but hope that Z finds the love and support he needs with Bella. I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. 

Quotes I loved:
"You are the male I might have been. You are the potential I had and lost. You'll take care of her. I want you to take care of her....it will be a good mating for her. With you as her Hellen, she can hold her head up high. She can be seen with you at her side. She'll be socially invincible. The flyers won't be able to touch her." (Zsadist)
"Oh, God...Z. How could you stomach the idea that I was with her" (Phury)
"Whether it's you or someone else, the pain is the same. Besides, you think I'm not used to hurting. For me, it's home sweet home, my brother" (Zsadist) 

"U, you know what they say about messengers, right?"
"Excuse me?"
"Too much bad news will get you shot"

For more book reviews and to join in my bookish adventures be sure to follow me at 
www.delawarebookaddict.blogspot.com and www.facebook.com/thebookbabeofde

No comments:

Post a Comment