Monday, June 15, 2015

Anyone can betray anyone.....The Bookbabe Review of Red Queen by Victoria Averyard


The Bookbabe Reviews: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

What can say about this book? Well, at first I had a very difficult time getting used to the writing style. And honestly for the life of me I just couldn't get into it. I kind of chalked it up to the fact that I started with the audiobook. Which was beyond dry. After I ditched that I had no problem getting into the story. Mare (our main character) lives in a society that is divided by the types of blood you are born with. Your either a red or a sliver. Red's are neither special or talented. Sliver's are special, considered talented and have special gifts. Both are factions are ruled over by a cruel king and his family. Mare does not really think about them much; in fact she has never even seen the royals. It is not until she breaks curfew to steal a few things to help out a friend that she  meets a handsome young man that will change everything. Due to an uprising in the slivers precious town several Red's are attacked and Mare's little sister is hurt in the process. This leads to Mare being "arrested"; and this is when all hell starts to break loose and things get interesting fast. This is where I could give you lots of juicy spoilers but I am not that type of reviewer (as you well know), so on to what I loved about the book. What I found most intriguing about the book was that there were some hints as to who might just betray Mare. She was duped right up until the end and honestly I was hoping that it was not the person it was. Also, I see a different love triangle emerging and I am hoping that the handsome strange I mentioned earlier wins Mare's affections. Of course I have to wait until February 2016 for the next installment in the series. All in all I give the book four stars.

Who would I recommend it to: Fans of Hunger Games and the Throne of Glass Series

Quotes I loved: 
"Revolutions need a spark....and even sparks burn" - Julian to Mare

"The truth doesn't matter. It only matters what the people believe."

"I am finally leaning my lesson. Anyone can betray anyone."

For more reviews feel free to follow me at www.delawarebookaddict.blogspot.com

*photo is by epic reads, not my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment