Monday, January 26, 2015

What James Patterson and my Gran have in common..

I credit my grandmother for my steadfast love of reading. She was the woman that gave me my first copy of Charlotte's Web; she purchased my first copy of Anne Frank: Diary of A Young Girl. She never told me I could not read any book I choose. My grandmother has even been quoted as saying "I could eat away that child's television, phone, internet , and stereo but those books I could never take away. It would be to cruel", my gran recognized early on that my relationship with the written word was important. She herself only read the bible, and on one occassion a Terry McMillian book. My fondest memories are our monthly trips to the book store. I was allowed two books. She never read the synopsis and I was never told "not that one". For that I am eternally grateful; God blessed me with a very awesome Gran.

No comments:

Post a Comment