Friday, March 9, 2012

New book Purchase

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

Why I bought this book: Of course I standing there in Walmart looking at books and there's this sign that says..."Done reading the Hunger Games? Want to find you next favorite book? Try Divergent by Veronica Roth".  Of course I loved Hunger Games so I decided to pick up the book and read the description. I was like wow, this looks different. Of course the society Beatrice lives in kind of reminds me of other books I've read; with that being said I am going to have to approach this book with a fresh set of eyes and no preconceived notions.   Also the books had a "GoodReads choice award" sticker on it (Which kinda sealed the deal for me).

Of course I have a timeline for when I plan on reading this book. I'll probably get it to in May...I have Cleopatra to get through this month and W.E.B Dubois and one other to get through next month. Hopefully this book lives up to all the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment