Friday, March 9, 2012

Adventures to find a new book....at walmart

Well a few weeks ago the second (and only surviving) book store in my home town closed its doors. There is no way of knowing whether or not we will see another major bookstore here in Dover. So in order to feed my book addiction I have to run off to either Target or Walmart. The thought of only having two damn shelves to choose from frustrates me beyond belief. Unless I drive almost an hour to Barnes and Noble I am shit out of luck for getting a good book shopping experience. Book shopping does for me what a good massage does for others. Its my heavenly, out of body, gotta have a cup of coffee or tea while- doing- it - thing. I am truly happy when I  am surrounded by millions of words and tons of different stories and ideas. For this reason I believe that using a Nook or e-reader is going to be hard for me. It takes the joy out of grabbing a book off of a shelf and flipping it over to the backside, just so that I can read the info. Here's to hoping for another bookstore opening within a year or so. Until then I am FORCED to use Walmart/Target and the internet in order to feed my addiction (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment