Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Books always brighten my day



The past weekend was terrible for me. I meant a guy that I really thought was decent and he turned into a toad. I was crazy busy at work, only to find out that I didn't make as much money as I thought I had. And to boot everyone was getting on my last nerve. To make a long story short that only thing that made me happy was finding these four books (for $3.50) at the local used book store. I went in on a mission to find a copy of The Great Gatsby; not only did I find it but I also found  a copy of On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft in hard back. As well as a new book/author to explore this spring. Finding a replacement copy for my well loved paperback, just made me smile. My day was further made better by spending my afternoon sitting by the lake reading. I got to get out in the sunshine and got to enjoy one of my favorite places. And I can honestly say that It did me some good.....and next week I am planning another date with that bench and a new book. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment