Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful, Grateful and Blessed!


Thanksgiving is a lot of things; chief among them is that its a time of reflection. A time to really sit down and think about the blessings that have come your way the past few months. This year Thanksgiving is vastly different for me. It’s my first holiday without my grandmother - and her absence is deeply felt. She is missed daily. Over the past month I have been dealing with a lot. An increase of hours at my second job, people’s mercurial moods, and my mothers health. It’s been a stressful few weeks but I have refused to give in to it. I’ve kept God firmly in sight. I’ve been reassured about his promises and his love. And even though I am sad today I am thankful. I am thankful for family, and having the chance to connect with my uncle. I am thankful for my fathers continued good health. I am thankful for good friends. I am thankful for all of the fond memories of my Grandmother. God continues to smile upon me today and everyday. I hope that today you are taking time not only for football and turkey and family but for praise and thanksgiving. Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment