Friday, March 3, 2017

One Sit reads: An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunter & Denizens of Downworld


Sometimes a girl just needs a Shadowhunter fix; that's exactly what I got with this short little volume. This book covers every Shadowhunter and character that we have meant in all of Clare's books. What made this book so special is that it features the artwork of Cassandra Jean; who has been working along side Cassie Clare to bring the Shadowhunters to life for several years. Another magical thing about this little tome is that every blurb about the characters features something we didn't know about them. For instance, I loved the bit about Tatiana Blackthorn (sister to the Lightwood brothers in Infernal Devices); supposedly she was prone to nastiness. Throwing tantrums when she did not get her way etc. Well, if any of you remember the elder (father) Lightwood turned into a worm after contracting Demon Pox. According to this book Tatiana went into a rage after her father ate her fiancé in front of her.
I literally laughed. I remember that part of the book very well because her reaction was not one of horror or grief but childish anger. I laughed at that scene and I laughed at the blurb. Another thing that I found enjoyable was that the cats (Chairman Meow and Church) are featured. Not to mention my book boyfriend, Jen Carstairs, is featured twice. This book was a quick, easy read, and it took me two days to get through (it would have been one if I had not been so tired Monday night). This book is definitely a must have for all Cassandra Clare fans. I really can not wait to add it to my Shadowhunter shelf. I gave this 5/5 stars of goodreads.com

Below is some of the art work from the book:





No comments:

Post a Comment