Friday, October 7, 2016

Rest Easy....Mr. Poe


"Once Upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore"
- The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe 

I happened across Edgar Allan Poe in my pre-teen years; and my love for his work has remained. Like most of us, I was introduced to him by way of the poem The Raven. I have made a tradition of reading is short story "The Tell-Tale Heart" every Halloween. Poe is close to my heart for several reasons. Chief among them is that Poe always came across to me as a lost and lonely soul; and I guess on some level that spoke to me. Because of Poe (and Stephen King) I became very interested in writing within the horror, thriller and mystery genre.

Here are some of my favorite quotes by Edgar Allan Poe:














1 comment:

  1. We read a bunch of Poe in school (I wonder if it was because of the urban legend about his curse on Delaware lol). Did you have to recite Annabel Lee in the 6th grade? I still remember half of it lol.

    ReplyDelete