Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Oh...Hermonie's...Black! Yes...and it's amazing!

Look at these beautiful people! The Weasley Family....Ron, Hermonie and Rose!
Did your mom make that sweater Ron!
The Brave, Intelligent, well read, Hermonie! 
Hello there Rose! 

I am so happy to see that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will have a diverse and talented cast. I am most excited to see a Hermonie that looks like me! And I am sure more Black and Brown Potrer fans will feel the same. However, over the past few months (since Hermonie's
Casting was announced) there has been a bit of a back lash about it. Mainly because the character has always been thought of as White. Which, may not be the case. Hermonie at one point in the series is described as being "very brown", with bushy hair and large teeth. Hermonie could easily have been biracial. As a fan of the books I don't care if she is played by a Causasian, Asian, Latino or Black woman - as long as Hermonie is a part of the story I am happy. Hermonie is a heroine for all girls, an example that being witty, bookish and intelligent equals being a bad ass! It's sad that I feel the need to comment on something so trivial. The world has a enough going on that something as small as a characters race in a play should be even be something to fight over. So to all those that are hating on the casting really needs to expand your minds and be happy that there is any new In the Potterhead universe for us to experience! So I raise my wand in support of Noma Dumezweni....our beautiful Hermonie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment