Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thoughts on Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments

So finally the long awaited premiere episode aired. I was a bit nervous that because it was on Freeform (formerly ABC family) that it would come up lacking; however I was pleasantly surprised. I knew that there would be some changes and they played very well. I am the most excited about Luke Garroway's character, because it's a little more of a believable angle; at least for a tv show. I am also excited about the change of Maureen. If you've read the books you will know just how annoying she was. So this slight change her is very welcomed. Of course, we still know she is in love with Simon (just look at the lovey dovey look she throws him during the concert scene). 
I know that several "fans" of the series are going to take the time time to really rip the TV show apart. Well, not I. I absolutely loved everything about it. Including the change in the casting. 
With the movie, I took serious issue with Alec and Isabelle. I did not feel a connection between them and they did not even look like they could be brother and sister. This go round I feel that Emeraude is the perfect Isabelle. She embodies her very well. I am also happy with Matthew as Alec. As for our main character Clary; Kat was a pleasant surprise and she really did a great job of Capturing Clary's innocence. 
What I was really worried about was Dom Sherwood's portrayal of Jace. As a fan of the movie, I found Jamie Bower's Jace to be spot on. But Dom was VERY GOOD. I can not wait to see him deliever some of Jace's famous lines. 
All in all; I think Freeform did good by the content and I believe more people will be attracted to the books because of the show. (Or at least I hope so). I really can't wait to see what happens with it over the next few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment