Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Something inspiring for the new year

As a christian it is hard for me to find good christian books that are not preachy and are not pushing a certain few point, so when  Rob Bell's Love Wins was recommended to me by a very close friend I was very skeptical about reading it. That was until I downloaded a free sample of the book on my Nook. I was surprised....here is why....


Description (from www.goodreads.com ):  Millions of Christians have struggled with how to reconcile God's love and God's judgment: Has God created billions of people over thousands of years only to select a few to go to heaven and everyone else to suffer forever in hell? Is this acceptable to God? How is this "good news"?


If you have read the description of the book then you will know why it is surprising that a Pastor would right such a thing. The argument is compelling nonetheless. I can't wait to see how Bell uses scripture to explain what this means. I can't wait to tell you guys all about this book as I read it. I will be taking notes in my book journal as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment