Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Hunger Games....

Wow...I've been missing out. After reading several young adult series...such as House of Night, the Twilight Saga and Harry Potter I have finally gotten to the Hunger Games. I can say that I really enjoyed the book and found myself really drawn in by the plot and really rooting for District 12. I think that what really made me a fan of the series is the strong female protagonist. Katniss Everdeen is strong and determined, she's intelligent and has the ability to do what it takes to make it out alive. In the book her task is simple....to keep here promise to Prim and to come back home a victor; which by default will give her sister (and mother) a better life. However, her teams win will also cost her greatly. I am really looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Peeta Mellark and Katniss works out. I'm hoping that Katniss comes to her senses about him, but you never know. One thing I can say about this book is that not sense the Harry Potter series have a found myself so drawn to a series. To me Suzanne Collins comes a very close second in writing and plot pacing to JK Rowling.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, thanks for that review! I've had this book, on my shelf for a while now, going back and forth on if I wanted to read it or not. Then I heard about the movie coming out and I definitely wanted to read it, before seeing the movie. You just inspired me to read it!!

    ReplyDelete