Saturday, December 29, 2012

My half way through review on Love Wins by Rob Bell

So I am reading this truly amazing book by this truly amazing pastor/author. I have read my fair share of Christian books that have attempted to answer questions that we as member of the faith have long battled with. But none of the books have answered these questions like Bell has. The main concept of the book is how is God suppose be loving and still willing to commend people to hell. And how does hell factor into the world that we live in today. And who will be the chosen by God to ascend to heaven. These are questions that our pastors have tried to answer from time to time. Bell uses a combination of scripture and theological history to explain what Christ really meant by "hell". He also offers up a very different view of heaven, not as some place far away but as here on earth. Where the earth is made whole and renewed. He waives in how our talents, our reactions to the world around us; as well as how we treat others will help to determine what role we will play in heaven. The concepts are mind blowing and a-ha moment producing...I found myself highlighting (which I never knew was possible on my nook) and writing/tweeting several passages . I am so glad that I have read this book and I can not wait to share my thoughts and reflections of it chapter by chapter very soon.

LOVE WINS !!!!!

Here is some information on Rob Bell

http://christianity.about.com/od/christiancelebrities/a/Rob-Bell.htm

(his website was having problems so I posted the above information about him)

No comments:

Post a Comment