Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Shadowhunter Cast; what we know so far....

I will have to admit that as the cast is announced I grow more and more excited. I can not wait to see who is cast for Magnus Bane; who is one of my favorite supporting characters in the series. Here are some fan mashups that some of my friends have posted on Facebook and reposted on Tumblr (none of these photos are mine) 
Hello Clary Fray; your looking pretty bad ass! Clary will be played by Katherine McNamara.
Well Hello there Jace Wayland. Jace will be played by Dominic Sherwood. Honestly I am excited and open to this change. Dominic looks like he will be perfect for the role.
Next up is Isabelle Lightwood....this casting was interesting. Mainly because she is what I pictured. The Izzy from City of Bones (movie) was not at all what I pictured. The beautiful Miss Lightwood will be played by Emeraude Toubia. 
Well Hello Simon Lewis. I was a little Leary of this one; because the Simon from the movie was absolutely perfect. After seeing the actor, Alberto Rosende, with glasses I was sold. I can not wait to see what he does with Simon. 
Last but not least; and by far the most interesting casting was that of actor Isaiah Mustafa as Luke Garroway. This was particularly interesting (and a tad perplexing) due to the fact that Luke was played by a Caucasian actor in the movie. Luke's character will also get a slight change from the book. Instead of being a bookstore owner he will be a NYPD detective. Which makes so much more sense when I actually took the time to think about it. 

I can honestly say that as of right now I am happy with the casting. Of course McG (the producer of the show) has a few more characters to cast but so far he  (with the help of Cassandra Clare) is doing an amazing job. I will be posting like crazy about the show as more news comes to light. Please feel free to let me know what you think about the castings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment