Monday, March 2, 2015

The Bookbabe's First Impressions of...... The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion


I originally decided to pick this book up after seeing Bill and Melinda Gates interview the author about the book. I usually would not have picked up a book that has a celebrity endorsment but all I kept thinking was if Bill Gates really loves this book than its most likely awesome. Oh boy oh boy is he right. The Rosie Project is hilarious and I am only four chapters in. I know that I am going to want to race out as soon as I am done to get the second novel, The Rosie Effect. So let me tell you why this book is so great. Simsions main character Professor Don Tillman is quiet a character; he is an over organized (if you really can be such a thing) man. He likes to be on time, schedules every minute of his day and is socially ackward. He is also so extremely loveable and as soon as he is introduced I immediately feel a connection to him. What I really love so far is that two of his friends are under the impression that Don suffers from Aspergers syndrome; which could explain some of his personality (or in some people's opinion lack there of). This little nugget of information I feel wlll come up again eventually in the book but for the time being Don sees nothing wrong with himself and neither do I. I honestly love this characters quirky personality. I have now entered into a place in the book where Don has decided that he is going to get married; because he is tired of being lonely. So he comes up with Project Wife. Which is a completely scientific endeavor; complete with a questionaire covering everything from drinking and smoking to punctuality. I can honestly say that I see why so many other people are raving about this book. I really can not wait to review it for you guys soon.

Favorite quotes so far:
 "Asperger's isn't a fault. It's a variant. It's potentially a major advantage"
"Resturants are minefields for the socially inept"

No comments:

Post a Comment